Thursday, February 08, 2007

Filling the Time Gap and Wind Ensemble Auditions

I'm sorry it has been so long!

I've just been very busy!

Ok, lets see. Just to be brief, Christmas was good, and my New Year turned out to be ok too. I find that each year New Years becomes less and less exciting. I mean, now It's not unusual for me to stay up till one to two in the morning on the weekend, so staying up till midnight has kind of lost its luster.

Anyway, for the present I must mention the fact that I tried out for the High School Wind Ensemble a week or so ago. The band teachers at my present school make the Wind Ensemble in the High School sound like the band for gods, so needles to say I really wanted to get in, and also needles to say I was dead scared of messing up the audition. So, in my desperate need to find out whether or not I really had a shot at making it, I went to my Band instructor and requested he listen to the piece I planned to play and critique me. I don't know if it was because it was early in the morning or what, but my Band instructor is extremely harsh when it's one on one. Did I mention I have an intense fear of playing the clarinet alone with someone watching, well yeah I do, so you can probably imagine me coming apart at the seams and making stupid mistakes when Mr. Band Teacher went mean. But, seeing my fear, my band instructor decided I needed a confidence booster, so he informed me that I would be playing my audition piece in front of the entire class. All by myself. Looking back now, I see that there really wasn't anything to worry about, nothing was at stake, but that didn't stop me from having a panic attack. Surprisingly, when the moment came, I actually played my pieces satisfactorily, which gave me the confidence I needed to play well during the audition. I don't know whether I made it yet or not, but even if I don't I'd like to give a big thank you to my Band instructor for helping me out!

And here I went and wrote a whole paragraph. =)

Oh and by the way, I was right, I AM a fan fiction fanatic! I can't go one day without reading one. I think it's one of those crazy fazes I go though sometimes. I hope I snap out of it soon. Yesterday, I read fan fictions for five hours straight without realizing it! Like I said, INSANE!

Anyway, I'm working on writing a fan fic myself. It's going to be a Twilight one, and I think I'm going to make it depressing, yeah depressing. Somehow when I write horrible, depressing things it makes me feel happy, and yes I know I'm insane. XD

So, now I must go complete that mountain of homework that is calling my name in an evil, EVIL voice that promises much suffering and anguish. =)

See ya!

No comments: