Saturday, November 11, 2006

School, Politics, Books and more Politics!

Yes, it has been (yet again) a long time since I last posted.

School's still hard. Luckily, I have wind ensemble, piano, and my books to take my mind off my woe.

Wind ensemble is lots of fun, I only wish it weren't so early in the morning!

My piano skills are developing nicely. I find that my sight reading is much better. Yes, piano is definitely the best stress reducing activity I participate in (besides reading)

Speaking of reading, I can't leave Twilight alone! It scares me how I can just read, and read, and re-read this book and not get tired of it! The only other book I've been able to do this with was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and that was years ago. It's freaky! Oh well, anyway, I read Eragon and Eldest again, and I also read the teaser in the back of the new Eldest. I must say that it's UNBELIEVABLE. How could they just leave it on such a cliffhanger like that? I just wanted to tear out my hair in frustration, GYAHHHHH I MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NOW!!!!!!!..............................one moment please................................. Sorry about that, but really, how could they? I probably shouldn't have read the sneak peek, but geeeez, they are EVIL. I really am dying from not knowing what happens next.

On another note, the season of the turkey is fast approaching, today we put up our Christmas lights, and the Democrats won both the House and the Senate. Hmmm, those really weren't related in any way were they? Ok, so, yeah the Democrats have taken the government back from the Republicans. I can't really blame the people for making the switch, it's the Republicans' fault for not paying more attention to the feelings of America. They didn't realize just how unpopular the war really was. For, no matter what it started out as, the war has become one big giant embarrassment. I'm no genius at war strategy, but I must say that no matter how I look at it, I can't think of any way we can pull out of those counties without major embarrassment for the United States. If we just pull out, I'm almost sure Iraq will fall into chaos with no working government, and no official leader (or at least no leader that will last), and of course any problems originating from the United States' occupation will be blamed in us. But, if we continue to try to create a working democracy, we'll be occupying Iraq for decades, and Congress would never officially call war. So, yeah America is in a little bit of a mess. I hope the Democrats can handle it.

No comments: