Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Religion (concerning the Da Vinci Code and other such things)

Well, this topic has been covered by almost every worshiper of Jesus, but these are my questions about the subject. First, although I am assured otherwise, I can't see the problem with Jesus having a wife and children. I mean, wouldn't that place him on a more level ground with other people? Also, I want to know why God didn't create a daughter too, wouldn't the world would be better off? The other thing that bothers me is the fact that people got so excited over the book. I mean, come on! It's a fiction, just because it seems true doesn't mean it is! Another mystery to me is why lots of people worship Jesus so much, wouldn't it make more sense to take it up with the Big Guy himself? Finally, and probably the most tantalizing question of them all, did Jesus really make miracles or is it a hoax like the Da Vinci Code says?

Personally, I'm torn when it comes to subjects like religion. To every question there is an answer and objection. To me it looks as if no one will ever truely KNOW, and much of what is written in the Bible seems to be taken on faith to be true. Still, the thought that there's a being out there who cares about you, no matter what, is kinda comforting, in a way. Plus, the thought that there is a paradise waiting for those with good souls really encourages people to lead good lives, and even though religion caused and still causes countless wars, it also saved countless lives and I for one appreciate that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know...
I mean, come on.
Look at it like this.
Religion = wars
= mass destruction
= nukes
= apocalypse.
Not fun.
~Laura-chan

Thoughtful Thinker said...

Laura-chan, you only say that because of YOUR religion.